View Single Post
Mike 09:26 AM 04-09-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
That's pretty much the way I do it too. Mine isn't all that lengthy so I don't have an index or anything like that. But I do love that idea!! That way you can add in every single fine point you can think of and direct them to the right page quickly. When a potential dcf calls with interest, I'll briefly ask them what their needs are, then tell them whether or not I have any openings to fit their requests. If so, I'll set up an appointment with them outside of dc hours. I have a folder filled with goodies to present to them, articles about messiness, parental involvement, choosing home daycare versus centers, an introduction letter telling a little about me, a sample menu, contract, a schedule we use(very flexible I might add Lol) AND the ta-da handbook. I show them around my dc. Then we sit down to talk about their philosophies, my philosophies, go over some of the main components of the handbook. Then I tell them it's very important to go home, talk about it, visit other daycares/centers and see what's best for them. They're allowed to keep the whole folder no matter what they decide. I know some providers would go at that because it's extra paper/ink used but to me, that's minor compared to all the other expenses this job entails.
I'm gonna steal that idea from you. Love it. Nice little sales pitch if they haven't decided yet.

Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I would LOVE to create an online presence for all of this stuff to be accessible but it would require upkeep, consistency and time. None of which I have or am good at.
True, it is more to keep up to date. But daycare providers have lots of free time, right?