View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:50 AM 06-26-2012
Originally Posted by originalkat:
Yes, I don't mess with the subsidy either because of the reason you stated. Some People think if they are going to get subsidy that they shouldn't pay anything out of pocket.
I would absolutely not take any type of subsidy if I was not allowed to charge the parent the difference between what the state pays and what I charge. I also feel really badly for those providers who can't charge late fees or push to enforce the parent co-pays. That would be a deal breaker for me for sure.

I used to take state assisted families without concern, but after our state went through a government shutdown, it changed my feelings about state assistance. I now only allow 2 of my spaces to be occupied by families who have state assistance as payment. I can't allow my personal finances to be so dependent on one payment source.

Licensing fees vary between counties in my state as the rules and guidelines for child care are set by the state but the fees and implementation of the rules are left to each county.

I am lucky enough to have never paid one dime towards being licensed. I don't pay any money to re-license and I didn't have to pay for the fire marshall inspection either.