View Single Post
Unregistered 07:34 PM 09-19-2008
Originally Posted by lilbiddapopcorn:
All that could happen even with the provider being licensed if she lived next to you. And the original post that brought on this discussion didn't say it was the provider's choice of business that upset him/her it was whether or not they're licensed to care for children. Like a lot of other posts here, i'm wondering, unless there's neglect or abuse going on, why would you bother checking up on her? I mean, what are you going to do if she is licensed? Just a thought.
Actually, I have since checked up on her and SURPRISE, she wasn't licensed. Yes, all these things can happen with a licensed daycare -- I never said it couldn't. I responded to a post saying if a daycare isn't bothering you, it's none of your business. I was pointing out how a neighbor's daycare IS open for judgment by any of the surrounding home owners.

Like I said, I ran a licensed daycare for years. There is a way to do it and not disturb the surrounding residents. Unfortunately, people who don't follow the law as far as licensing goes, tend to not care about being a nuisance to their neighbors, either. It goes hand in hand.