View Single Post
Unregistered 11:57 AM 11-21-2008
Originally Posted by mac60:
This statement is not true. Just because someone runs an unlicensed daycare, DOES NOT mean they are not following the safety guidelines. I am an unlicensed daycare and follow the guidelines of my state. Just because someone isn't licensed does not mean they do not operate a quality program. I am sure just as there are "bad" unlicensed providers, there are just as many "bad" licensed providers. In my opinion, it simply comes down to people not minding their own business.
I agree with you on that because I am also an unlicensed provider who follows the state regulations but it is so costly to become licensed that I am not able to afford it right now. There is the rule of no more than 5 unrelated children in care at one time and I do follow that also. That is the law and I do not have any intention of violating that. Are there a ton of children at the house? Have you witnessed them being not watched?? I feel that I am providing a service to my town because of the quality of the licensed providers and ministries in the area. Just because I do not have a piece of paper on the wall does not mean that I do not provide quality childcare.