View Single Post
Unregistered 03:05 PM 11-22-2008
People seriously need to get a life and get their noses out of everyone else's.

To begin with.. 5 kids plus her own kids would look like a LOT of kids to the unexperienced eye. So she may be unlicensed but that doesn't mean she's operating illegally.

Secondly, just because someone is unlicensed does not mean they don't pay taxes. I have been unlicensed for 16 years and was licensed 6 years before that. I've always paid my taxes, so get over yourselves.

Thirdly.. It is true that more kids are hurt in licensed facilities than unlicensed. BUT, that doesn't mean that licensed is bad. But being licensed doesn't mean the facility is good either. It may just mean that more people choose to become licensed so they can get on the food program. So it stands to reason that there would be more children hurt in licensed facilities. For one thing, licensed facilities almost ALWAYS have more kids and more kids are more difficult to manage. I provide a much better service as a small unlicensed caregiver than I did when I was licensed for 10 kids all by myself PLUS my own 3 children that don't count against me in my state.

I've been in business 22 years without a single accident in my home. I pay my taxes and make a decent living. My parents and kids are happy.