View Single Post
Willow 10:30 AM 04-18-2013
Originally Posted by anedmonson:
I would have no problem enrolling my child in your daycare. My concern is how my child is cared for. It actually falls in alignment with what I teach my kids about tolerance and acceptance of differences.

I would just be sure to be upfront with prospective families. Best wishes!
This exactly.

I am raising my children to be open minded and respectful. If Jesus Christ could accept and love openly people from all walks of life so can my family.

As long as there was no issue with minors being involved and the relationships were healthy I wouldn't seek it out, but I wouldn't use that as a sole deciding factor on who I chose.

There are loads of married couples who I wouldn't leave my dog with because their interactions with each other are so disrespectful lol. I'd look more at the dynamic between the people involved rather than judge based on age, race, gender, religious affiliation or sexual orientation.

OP - if you feel comfortable responding again, do you live in an area where plural marriage is common? If it is this may not be an issue for you at all. If it's not I still wouldn't hide it. You should never be ashamed of who you are.