View Single Post
Loveyoustinkyface 08:54 AM 08-24-2012
Originally Posted by Countrygal:
I'm no expert at this - just learning myself. I"ve only been in business a year, so still get all the legal gobble-de-gook confused sometimes.

However, I read it just the opposite of you. Any family day care with 2 or more families must BE licensed. If you only care for one family, you do not have to be licensed.

For one thing, where you took this out of is the "definitions" section. So they are saying that any home with 2 or more paying families is a "family daycare home" Thus, the statutes will apply if you have more than 1 family you care for with pay.

There is another regulation - (2) “Child care facility” includes any child care center or child care
arrangement which provides child care for more than five children unrelated to the
operator and which receives a payment, fee, or grant for any of the children receiving
care, wherever operated, and whether or not operated for profit. The following are not
included:
Which appears to also limit the number of children to 5. So...... I read it to say 5 children from one family is the most you could care for. There's more under "before and after school care" that might apply, I didn't read that far.
Thank you CountryGal! Maybe my wording was off but yes, I agree with the way you see it too. One family (unless you are caring for two families maybe that are cousins, that's not "unrelated"?) is OK without a license in FL. Believe me, I don't want alot of children to care for, one or two is perfect for me!

I had Code Enforcements here last week and they didn't know anything about that statute's childcare defintion I referred to)! The code enforcement man said that if you are doing ANY childcare in your home you need to have a license and a occupational license. I am only babysitting one child! He's going to report the statute that *I* emailed him and send it to DCF. ugh. Any suggestions?