View Single Post
nicslittlebugs 03:51 PM 05-19-2011
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
I get paper for free from offices. They often throw away or recycle paper that has a blank side. The kids don't mind if there's type on one side, they use the blank side. Go to a wallpaper store and ask for discontinued wallpaper sample books, makes great craft projects. Paint-Walmart. Crayons and markers, Walmart @ Back-to-School time, when they have .25 boxes of crayons and .99 markers, stock up for the year, because the prices go up after September. Personally, I steer clear of ordering from catalogs, often overpriced and usually a shipping charge. Dollar stores REALLY ROCK!!! esp. for construction paper. Off topic, but for paper towels and toilet paper-find a local "janitorial supply" place. I pay 14 bucks for 4000 tri-fold paper towels. You have to buy a dispenser, but it was less than $30. I get 96 rolls of t.p. for $38. I save a TON on paper products by NOT buying them @ Walmart. In general, don't be timid about asking people for donations! You can get a LOT of free stuff if you ask. Wow, cheapness is my specialty, I could go on and on and on....let me know if you want more cheapy ideas!

WOW that was great!! Thanks for all the tips. Even though school will be letting out soon it wont be long until the stores will be having their back to school sales so ill def stock up then....I didnt even think of that! I will have to find a janitorial supply around here....I was thinking how ppr towels are going to cost me a fortune!!

Any other cheapie tricks you have I would love to hear!!

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions...I am looking into both discount and ssww....the good news is I do have a dollar tree right up the road (love that place!) I did see that they even have bulletin board supplies there!