View Single Post
FingerprintsHappen 06:28 AM 06-20-2009
We're required here in MA to use bleach or an approved disinfecting solution. Unfortunately many of the licensors only read as far as bleach,and insist that we use that. Seems contradictory to use bleach around kids, doesn't it? but if we're disinfecting the changing table between diaper changes the right way, there will still be enough bleach on the changing table to ruin the kids clothes at the next change . Eg- I change all the kids in diapers at set times during the day- 9:30 am, 11:30, 1:15, and after their naps (so usually 4:00) and also any time they have a bm in between. If i use bleach on the changer, children #2-6 will have bleached clothes. I DONT use bleach- I use another FDA approved disinfecting product because bleach sets off my asthma, and that of one of my dc children. But I have a fight with the licensor EVERY time she comes out, even though I have the exact wording of the reg highlighted for her to see that it's actually allowed in the regs to use what I do!
So while I agree w/you that bleach shouldn't be used around the kids, we're actually mandated to use it