Thread: CPR/First Aid
View Single Post
ABCDaycareMN 08:33 AM 03-05-2013
Originally Posted by Meeko:
We go to the local fire dept. Four hours covers both 1st aid and CPR. It's a course specifically designed for the average citizen, daycare providers, supervisor at job sites etc. Very easy to understand and done in a friendly and casual way.

The Red Cross ones around here are VERY intense, VERY detailed and VERY long and designed mainly for nurses/EMT's who are re-certifying. Super serious etc.

While it IS a serious subject, our local firemen make it fun and entertaining with their stories and humor, while getting the important info across.

I know other fire departments do the same thing. Maybe call your local station?

One of our instructors is in his late 80's! He's quite the character and well known around town. Retired from the fire department many years ago, but just can't stay away and likes to keep busy. He gives the young firemen such a hard time and they obviously love him. I actually look forward to renewing! It will be sad when Tom is gone........

The course i took was very fun. It didn't feel like an actual class but i did learn. and i feel i learned better than i would have with a very structured class. i took mine though the American Heart Association.