View Single Post
Unregistered 10:37 AM 05-29-2013
WA - you have to be licensed to care ANY children besides your own unless directly blood related (or a legally adopted child of a blood relative) in your home.

Licensed: Your own kids count in your numbers until they are 13 years old too. I have three kids of my own (ages 7,5,NB) so I will only have 3 daycare spaces for the next 6 years at least! I could have drop-in kids when they are at school but anytime they are on school breaks or home sick they count against my numbers so it is impossible to fill those spaces on a regular basis. My kids even count if they are home with their dad in an unlicensed part of the home; anytime they are on the premises.

Licensed, without an assistant, you can have 6 kids with only two under age 2 (or 3 under age 2 if one is over 18 months and walking independently). This is my current license.

If you choose to care for only over age 18 months your number goes up, to 8 i think with only 2 under 2 and they must be walking independently, and only 4 of the 8 can be under age 3.

If you choose to care for only age 3 and up you can have 10.

If you do preschool for only ages 3 and up, and they are with you less than 4 hrs a day then you do not need a license.

MT - I was licensed in MT before moving to WA and there you can care for 2 unrelated children in your home without a license.

Licensed, you can have 6, with only 3 under age 2. Your own kids count until they are 6 years old.

If you do infants only (under 2) you can have 4.

I know you can have more if they are older but i don't remember the exact numbers (i think it is 10 for 2 and up).