View Single Post
gbcc 06:59 AM 02-25-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I do this exactly.

How come it has become socially acceptable for kids to carry sippy's around with them everywhere? If it was water that parents were pushing because their kid had a tendancy to become dehydrated, then I would get it but I don't understand this new age of kids with sippy's 24/7? When I was a kid we ate and drank at the table ONLY, if I was thirsty in between meals I went and got a drink from the garden hose and once I hit school I went to a drinking fountain in the hall...If it wasn't summer then I usually went to the bathroom and leaned over the bathroom sink and slurped from the faucet!
There was no such thing as a sippy cup, a water bottle or anything of the sort unless you count canteens but I thought those were for soldiers and hikers?!?! LOL!!! Boy, times have changed!!
I totally agree. I have a parent that uses the sippy for naps and bed time. To me, its a glorified bottle and I will not allow them at naps. I use them so that I don't have spills from little ones. My son never walked around with a sippy of carried it in the store. He was taken off the bottle at a year old also. What is this with children that are nearly 2 still with bottles?