View Single Post
Cat Herder 10:46 AM 05-16-2011
Sure . I keep medically brittle kids so "Mama don't play" is the motto that the parents often use to describe my illness policy.....

* Illness Policy: CDC Guidelines will be followed for illness exclusion. Each parent has been provided with a copy and is expected to follow them. Child must be excluded for 24 hours AFTER being symptom free WITHOUT fever reducing medications. Please do not confuse this with 24 hours after onset of symptoms. Please be proactive. If child is sent home sick, a minimum of 48 hours exclusion and a return to care form signed by a pediatrician will be required. Every child is required to have a current “3231” Immunization Form on file at all times. X___________

I have each section separate to ensure they read and understand each individual policy with as few words as humanly possible.

It is a pretty common policy in my area. I do allow wiggle room, at my discretion, for cold symptoms, food issues, easily managed illness like MRSA etc... but if I suspect blatant disregard it will be fully enforced.