View Single Post
daycaremom1998 09:42 AM 09-30-2008
Boy, this is a tough one, but maybe I can help. I don't live in Texas, but I do live in a military town. I hear it all the time where both parents are in the military and one gets deployed and the other has insanely long hours. Here where I live there isn't a state governed limit on how long a child can be in daycare, but most providers set a limit of 10 hours. Here is what I recommend. Find out if the on-post daycare has a listing of civilian providers who offer extended-time care. If they don't, look for a daycare referral agency in your area, maybe in the phone book, and ask them for a list of providers who offer exented-time care. If that doesn't work, you might consider placing an ad in the local paper for your need. And then lastly, you could find a family friend who would be willing to help you out.

I always feel so sorry for these families. I wish the military provided better solutions for the children. If you have any other questions, you can leave me a private message and I will do my best to help.