View Single Post
My3cents 09:56 AM 11-01-2012
Originally Posted by Little Love Bugs:
I dont mind opeing that early I just don't want to cut my rates that much. I don't want to regret it either, especially when I take them then someone calls and is willing to pay my orginal rates. The money would be nice though because right now I do not have any dc kids. All the ones that I had have started school or the parent has been laid off
You say that you don't mind opening that early but wait till you actually start doing it. It takes a toll on a person. You should be charging her more then your regular rate to open early if you even want to do that. Don't cut your rates or do special, it bites you in the behind every time, and it gives all of us providers a wishy washy job. Be firm on your rates and the right clients will come. It is one thing to help someone out from time to time it is another to be swayed off of what you have most likely put a lot of time and effort into thinking through. I agree with everyone else don't lower your rates and don't open early unless you charge more for doing that.

I have opened early and I resent it. The child is a handful, the days are longer then I wanted to work and hard on my body. Hind site told me that I should have charged more for this service and risked losing the client. I know better now for next time. I committed so now I feel obligated to follow through but it makes me resentful of myself for doing it in the first place. Long days trickle down to family life outside of daycare- you end up having no energy to give come the end of the day.