Thread: Refusing Nap
View Single Post
Preschool/daycare teacher 07:23 PM 03-28-2012
Thank you! I might try that tent thing. Some how, I don't know what the change has been (maybe just the lower number of children since it is Spring Break and some are out for vacation), but so far this week she has done well during nap. Monday she laid quietly until I got the others to sleep (it took 45 min of rubbing her back, but she did finally go to sleep without too much fuss), Tuesday she went to sleep on her own, and today she went to sleep on her own again. Hoping we have entered a new "season" that will continue If not, I might be trying the tent!
I also moved the other children away from her, making it sound like it was something special for everyone to have a new spot to sleep. We have done that in the past and all it did was wind them all up, but this time maybe it's what is making the good change. If it is, I don't think I'll ever let her sleep close to anyone else again! We'll see how tomorrow goes. She'll be coming in later than usual, so her day will be "off". Hopefully it doesn't throw off nap, too (since we are finally maybe making progress)!