View Single Post
Ariana 07:17 AM 04-29-2012
I'm in Canada so we get 1 year mat leave. One DCF has their older kid with me 3 days per week while mom is off with the baby. Her mat leave is over in October and they haven't mentioned anything to me about holding a spot for the baby or continuing care with me when she returns to work (if she is returning to work!). The mom has made comments about getting her parents to move in with them to take care of their kids "because 2 kids in daycare is expensive"...so I feel like it's all up in the air. I also don't take infants so I can't take their baby anyway.

I just started advertising for more kids for September (kinders) but I'm finding myself in a bit of a situation where I'm not sure how many kids I can take in. If I knew they were going to pull their kid I'd let them go in September so I can take in someone interested in the spot. Maybe I should just let them go anyway since I'm not planning to take the baby.

Do you think it's ok to ask them what their "plans" are for October? How would I bring it up or word it? I don't want to pressure them into making a decision but I kinda need to know