View Single Post
wdmmom 06:24 AM 11-30-2011
I've been doing this for 3 years and have yet to have a BF baby...until now.

I don't think this poor kid likes the bottle, she is on meds for reflex/reflux, she gags when she's spitting up, and she doesn't sleep!!!

I have no idea how I'm going to get this 3 month old into a routine but I'm on day 3 and I don't see an end in sight. I don't expect it to be overnight but something has got to give! All children 18 months and younger take 1 morning and 1 afternoon nap. That's our schedule.

Most infants I take on at 6-8 weeks follow suite within a month. I don't see it happening with this little one. She doesn't like belly time, she doesn't like being on the floor unless you are right there, DCM says she sleeps in a swing at home (which I know is a HUGE NO, NO and don't do here!) and says the doctor says she's colic and will outgrow within a month. REALLY?! I've never dealt with a colicky baby but I don't see them being able to predict when a child will outgrow it.

Does anyone have some simple advice that will help?

I know I'm going to continue attempting the routine. This morning she cried for an hour straight but I did manage to get her to take an hour and a half nap this afternoon (after she cried for 35 minutes beforehand.)

Suggestions anyone???