View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 05:00 PM 03-25-2010
I do drop in all of the time and I charge $5 an hour. I have my regulars (4 children) and my daughter. I purposely have left one spot open because we're trying for another baby and I'd hate to take someone knowing this only to drop them later. The four that I do have don't always come in at the same time so drop-in care works for me because I don't have to guarantee a spot for those children that come in as drop-ins but it's still extra income that I wouldn't get if I didn't do drop-in hourly. Most of the drop-ins that I take are here because mom & dad have errands, date night, appointments etc. so they don't need more than a few hours. $5 an hour is worth it to me since I wouldn't have anybody in that spot anyway and I only get $3.00 an hour for a full-time child of 6. At $5 an hour I get paid more hourly than I would weekly and the parents come to me because I am still cheaper than paying a teenager $10 an hour to babysit their kids. If i'm going to work anyway I might as well get an extra $10