Thread: How Many Hours?
View Single Post
GretasLittleFriends 09:45 AM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
You can only track mileage but not time spent out of DC even if it's DC related. The only time that you can track is time spent in your home doing DC related things .

That being said I do 60 hours a week with children in care and another 8-10 hours doing DC business with no kids in my home. If you added all of the time that I spend grocery shopping, training etc then that would be anothr 1-2 hours a week. I prefer (but don't always) to do most of the paperwork, prep, organizing, cleaning etc. during non DC hours (an hour or 2 after DC closes and on weekends sometimes) and have a higher space % so that I can deduct a higher % of my shared purchases.
What about cont ed classes required by dc licensure? My accountant said these hours count. As well as mileage to/from and also the cost of the classes.

Now I don't count time shopping... I don't buy separate groceries for daycare. I couldn't imagine counting up the hours I've spent garage sale-ing as I more often than not come home with something for the dckids. I do keep track of what I bought and how much it was though.

I work on average 60 to 70 hours a week with kids present. I often do paperwork, clean-up, and those duties while kids are here. I often have children who stay until 10:30p, and bed time is 8p, so that gives me 2.5 hours to do those things after kiddos are in bed. I'll usually spend 2 to 4 hours on weekends without kids here doing daycare stuff that didn't get done during the week. So I guess I average 75 hours total.