View Single Post
Blackcat31 01:13 PM 03-07-2011
Originally Posted by SunflowerMama:
I'm sure I do give 2nds and 3rds of foods way too often. I'm a sucker about that. I never give 2nds of fruit until they have at least made a dent in their veggies and main dish but I'll dish veggies and other sides out until they are completely gone.

For lunch today they went through a whole large tub of organic yogurt and a large bag of frozen organic corn and that was in addition to a large cantaloupe and whole wheat pasta with ground turkey veggie sauce. They are just all big, big eaters.They have water bottles available to them all day so I know they are drinking some H2O but could probably drink more. I think I'm just going to start making more and more heavy/whole wheat muffins/breads/tortillas to pair with other things to keep those little bellies full!
Wholly cow....that is alot of food! I make the correct amount of portions needed and if anyone is still hungry they can have a slice of ww bread with pnb or butter. We do a good hearty breakfast and a P.M. snack so I know that no one is starving, but if I allowed them to eat however much they wanted, they would all have 2nds and 3rds.

Personally, I just don't think 2nds and 3rd are necessary. If I have some food left over, I gladly let who ever asks have them, but I do NOT cook anything with the intention of having enough for 2nds or 3rds. School lunches don't give out seconds and the kids don't get anything until snack after school so I don't feel like I am doing anything out of the ordinary.

I think you would save a ton if you cut portions down to only what is required