View Single Post
Rockgirl 12:48 PM 01-27-2016
Originally Posted by pmat:
i am responsible parent. when my little one was sick i make sure she stays home..but i am annoyed when daycare's providing food and the child vomits one time and the parents get a call saying pick and not coming back for 24 hrs. The child had no other sympotm, no fever, speaking, walking and running and not vomited at home. Alot of the day cares are nasty and rip offs. They don't even feed the child after sometime to see if the child vomits a second time and when the child gets home started screaming for food and eats with out any issues. I am 100% agreeing if the child is sick send home and stay away for 24 to 48 hrs or as long as gets a clearance from the pediatrician. but children will throw up once in a while because of food or over feeding etc. make good judgments. Parents are paying you a lot of money not to sit at home. they need to work to pay the day care.
1) This thread is almost 6 years old.
2) Read the daycare's policies before signing up, and if you are not in agreement with them, do not enroll. Find a daycare more in line with your way of thinking regarding sickness, or everything, for that matter.

I have 6 very young children here. Many providers have more. Know what it's like to have one child vomiting? Imagine that, plus 5 or more others to care for while cleaning/sanitizing the area, changing clothes of the sick child, etc. No, I am not going to keep the child here, waiting to see if it keeps happening.