View Single Post
MrsSteinel'sHouse 03:44 PM 10-11-2012
I have had 2's and younger now for the past two years (I have a 3 yr old now and a 4 yr old 2 days a week.. all my others are 2 and under!)

Arrival between 6:30 - 8:30 breakfast varies during that time frame depending on kids and drop off. Breakfast is done by 9. They have free play up to that point. I control what toys are available on and day. So, they have a variety of different experiences even in free play.
Clean up. I have started turning the toy shelf around and only keeping a couple things.. a few board books, maybe stacking cups for little ones.
Fall/ Winter we read a story or stories at 9:30ish. I don't do a calendar at this age. Then we do a craft or activity related to the theme. Example, we read "Red Leaf, Yellow Leaf" Then we painted leaves (we used pinecones)
10:00 we go out for a walk. Depending on the weather we may play outside.
10:40 come back in and I plop down sensory bin on kitchen floor where I can keep an eye on them. Right now it has nature stuff in it. while I pull together lunch. This way I am not trying to pick up and get lunch. I might set them at table with crayons or play doh. 1 yr may be in high chair with some vegies to start.
11:00 ish Lunch.
Immediately after lunch I lay them down for naps. They nap from 12 to almost 3 most days.
play for a bit. snack around 3:30- 4:00 ish
then back outside if we can. If not then music or free art.
5:00 free play with limited toys until pick up.