View Single Post
LysesKids 05:10 PM 06-19-2014
Originally Posted by Vanessa_in_Babyland:
After reading these posts there is so much great information and a lot to think about. Now, you can be unlicensed and be compliant…. Correct. For example, if your state allows you to care for up to four children ect. ect. If you are compliant and not breaking the law then how about doing volunteer inspections or taking classes on health and children's safety? I know I've heard your responses but I STILL don't see why everyone should be licensed. I see why it might make your quality better, but....I am coming from a Montessori school background and I think the parents are already seeing quality from my services. If I volunteer and continue my personal education would you say that is a great start. If I suddenly want to teach 6 kiddos then that seems like it's time to get licensed. Just thinking out loud here....thoughts?!?
Yes, it's called being legally, license exempt… I am in a state that also allows up to 4 unrelated; and for the record I have done licensed, registered and license exempt care in a total of 6 states over 14 years and have classes out the ying yang under my belt, plus I have an A.A .S in Criminal Law & am a Postpartum Doula.

TN no longer offers registration for 4 or less kids… it's either license exempt or licensed… can't get licensed with 4 kids for one reason (BTW, my house is only 6 months old literally) - because its 784 sq ft instead of a doublewide over 1000 sq ft… I passed bacgkround and all that, but they said my house, even having the required indoor space & outdoor gated off play area, does not qualify.

I also do infant Montessori and will never have more than 4 babies under 2 years old… are they kidding? And yes, I can take the subsidy just as I did in MO as a registered provider, I just don't get as much as licensed people.