View Single Post
Meeko 09:36 AM 05-18-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have no problem paying a summer holding fee, but is it legal to take 500 dollars to hold a spot and not apply it to tuition? We are recieving no services for the money....doesn;t seem legal. I would say they keep it if we don;t return, but apply it to care when we do.

Put yourself in a similar situation and see how fair you think it is.

Your Boss: "I don't need you over the summer, but I want you back in the fall, so don't go getting another job. I want you available the second I need you. I'll pay you a small portion of what you regularly earn to hold you over."

Even though it's a financial hardship, and you have to turn down several other good job offers, you agree because you like your job and your boss and want to help him out.

Fall rolls around....:

Your Boss: I need you full time now. Oh....and as I paid you to "do nothing" over the summer, I'm taking that money off your upcoming pay"

REALLY??????????????? Doesn't sound like such a great deal now does it?

And yet people do this to their provider......the person taking responsibility of their most prized possession...their children......over and over again.

You may not need her right now. But why should she subsidize you? Why should she give up HER income to put more in YOUR pocket?

She doesn't owe you. You owe her.