View Single Post
Unregistered 05:24 PM 06-05-2009
Originally Posted by mac60:
You parents always amaze me. Always blaming the dc on your childs sickness. Hmm, moms who work in schools, banks, hospitals and medical clinics couldn't possibly bring home any illnesses to their child now could they? As a provider, is it so damn frustrating when I hear parents say this. It is utterly rediculous.

Funny story....I had a parent like you once, always blaming dc on her kids sickness....I saw them at Walmart, and their 4 year old was sucking on the handle of the cart....Yes, sucking on the handle of the cart.....think she might of gotten a few germs in her mouth from doing that? Heck yea. But then for parents......it is much easier to blame it on the dc. So sad and shows how "smart" many parents arn't.
I work for a pediatric office. You do not get a UTI from germs from a shopping cart, you get a UTI from bacteria traveling through the vagina into the bladder....so yes, if a little girl is wiped the incorrect way, e-coli can cause a UTI in addition to other UTI causing bacterias. However, you can not get a UTI from another person (contagious) or by ingesting the bacteria orally.