View Single Post
Chickenhauler 02:30 PM 08-08-2009
Originally Posted by pv1001:
I have an issue with this school in NJ, they played games to keep my security deposit. They have 45 days notice, I told a teacher 50 days earlier and she told me she will tell to owner and there is no need for written notice, I believed her my mistake. Then two week later owner called and I told her what happened she said she will honor this time and asked me to give notice in written that day. But when time came she denied completely. And said teacher never told her which was lie, I aske for meeting so me her and teacher are there all, one morning. I took timeoff and the very day she called me earlier and said she has emergency that morning, I asked her meet later that day but she never called.
I called two days later and she called back and said teacher was off that day. If she knew that teacher is off why she didn't call me earlier she knew before. Now since I lost my paid time too, I am very mad. She makes up statements all the time, I have three more parents who I talked they told me they too never returned their deposit.
I want to fight to teach her for future. Can you believe 45 days notice, which employer gives that???
I've been canned once or twice from a job, and all the notice I got was "You're Fired!"

I'd notify them that if this is how they want to play the game, that's fine, game on.

After your child's last day in their care (which would have been yesterday, IMHO), I would visit the local courthouse and file in small claims court for your deposit, your time off from work, and travel expenses associated with the runaround.

But, be damn sure you take and keep notes about who you talked to, when (date and time), what was said, etc. Evidence like this is hard to refute in court, especially when you have it to back up your claims to a judge.

How much money are we talking here?