View Single Post
Country Kids 01:18 PM 02-27-2012
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
I don't agree with your assertion that most child care providers are ill most of the time. If that's the case for you, you might want to consider boosting your immune system because it sounds like it needs it.
Actually my family and I haven't been sick for almost 4 years when I went to doing parttime childcare (preschool only). Then within the last year of being fulltime, I have been sick (going to the hospital once)3 times, my hubby has missed two weeks of work, one of my children has been sick twice (we missed vacation because of him being sick) and then another child missed a day of school because of being sick (first one this year).

So even though we aren't sick constantly, we are sick enough that its getting to be noticable. None of my dck's are here when they are sick-my parents always text to let me know they are staying home with them. The thing though is we have already been exposed to whatever they had! Also, are eating is much better than before, hands always washed, everything wiped down and discenfected, toys washed, etc. It seems the more/better I do the more we get sick!