View Single Post
GretasLittleFriends 09:48 AM 06-18-2009
Oh, I forgot, I was also going to say that though I'm licensed, I'm not hostile (or don't intend to be) towards unlicensed daycares. Perhaps I'm slightly jealous that I am only able to take care of one family without my license, unlike some of you that can take care of up to 5+ kids without a license. I'll be honest. If that were the case for me, I'd likely not be licensed either. I agree the government getting involved can and does make it to be much more of a headache. I got my license for a few reasons. One is to be able to stay at home with my own children while they are growing up. Two is to provide quality care for more than just the one child (one family) I was taking care of. Three is because I love watching kids learn and grow. Fourth is to be able to afford to stay home with my children.

I do agree that unlicensed providers can and do provide excellent care, just like licensed providers can also be totally horrendous. I've recently had two families start up with me because their previous licensed providers where not children friendly at all. Sad thing is that these families came from two different providers. I live in a rural area, and for two providers to be uncaring is kind of frightening