Thread: Croup
View Single Post
Unregistered 10:08 AM 07-10-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
One of the biggest issues I see with this whole situation is that these parents supposedly read your contract (where it states they must keep siblings home and about paying regardless of absences) and yet they are still trying to negotiate with you about this agreement?

THAT is the part I would be upset about.

I personally don't exclude non symptom showing siblings from care (for many of the reason's previous posters mentioned) but whether you decide to amend or change your policies is up to you...

It just ruffles my feathers when a parent agrees to something and then tries to negotiate it when it doesn't work for them.
That's what upset me the most, too. I have that in my contract for a reason. My group is tiny and it's in my own home so I added it in my new contract that anything that's Highly Contagious they must come back with a doc's note and the sibling must stay home to try and stop the spread of the illness... I'm not worried about the common cold, allergies just the Highly Contagious stuff (croup, chicken pox..etc). Now because the siblings have been going back and forth for 2 weeks now with different illness and they are paying me and they aren't allowed to come the parents are getting upset. So, I gave in.. which I know is a backbone issue but it made me upset.. plus the dad told me that he knows its in my contract but they have no one else to watch the children to separate them so both can get better.