View Single Post
Unregistered 11:05 AM 04-08-2009
I have the exact situation right now. One of my moms is on maternity leave right now. She is still bringing her 3 year old to me 2-3 days a week, and she is paying , me full price. One reason for this is....she has a guaranteed spot for her new baby with me at the end of the 6 weeks. I should not go without income for 6 weeks, and still hold an infant spot at the same time. I get calls weekly for people looking for infant care, and if she wants to keep the children together, it is a small price to pay. Before I stayed home, I had to pay my childcare provider full time for 2 kids, while I was on Mat. leave with my 3rd. I only dropped the kids off long enough to get some rest and spend some one on one w/ the new baby. But I knew I wanted my kids together and infant spots are hard to find. I do think if she keeps the one child home, you may want to charge 1/2 price. Every situation is different, just talk to the mom. I have another mom due in Nov. and I watch her other 2 kids. I have asked what their plans are for the new baby over 3 weeks ago, and they still havn't gotten back to me. I will replace them by June, if they havn't made up their minds.