View Single Post
Preschool/daycare teacher 06:26 PM 09-19-2010
You might try Funsteps, also. They have specific lesson plans for 2-3 yr olds (Twosteps), and specific lesson plans for ~3-5 yr olds (funsteps). The lesson plans and themes all coordinate, so both age groups are doing the same things at the same time. The crafts are the same most of the time, except they've simplified the 2-3 yr old's crafts for their developmental level. Only problem is you have to order two steps seperate from funsteps, as if they're two different curriculums. But since Funsteps is hand's on activities, you could probably adjust it for your younger ones. You can see a 3 day sample on their website www.funsteps.com I'm sure your younger ones would get just as much out of the 3-5 yr old one (Funsteps) as they do AIL, if you didn't want to spend out the money for both. I purchased both, but the parents reimburse me, plus I had enough kids in each age group so the parents cost doesn't come out as too much (approx $2 a week, so I just charge them monthly, or an all upfront cost at the beginning of the year). I also have seperate classes (2-3 yr olds on T/Th, 4-5 yr olds on MWF). Since Funsteps curriculum have 3 day weeks, it works out perfectly for me.