View Single Post
PitterPatter 05:37 AM 05-17-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
Do you have a general permission form even for going out on walks? Do you require parents to sign if you drive to the library EVERY tuesday for example?
Walks on the trail or to the playground and such are covered in the basic permission form and handbook and is signed at enrollment or they cannot enroll as the basic walks are a part of our program. When we go to the library, zoo, park, circus or any special outting I do make up a permission slip and have each signed for that particular event with the date and all on it. These are kept in each child folder fo refrence if I would ever need it. If it was a weekly routine trip to the library I would just create a permission slip for that for each child and have it signed once as it will be routine and be expected.

I rarely take the kids on errands maybe twice a year if that so when something pops up I will inform the parent verbally of the time we will be going and if she consents fine if not then I have to make other arrangments but I don't get a signature for that because it is mentioned in the handbook and falls under basic permission for transporting.