Thread: Croup
View Single Post
daycare 04:20 PM 07-09-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I had to call the dad and he's more upset that in 2 weeks they are paying for care when neither of their children are attending because they keep passing it back and forth to each other and he wants to send the sibling that's not sick. I told him I have to stick to my contract as I have my own child who hasn't been sick and I would like it not to be brought back into my home until the child is cleared not contagious. He doesn't understand why the one child can't come back so they can have them separated so the one child can get better.

I have it in my contract for a reason. I have to protect my own kids from highly contagious illnesses. I have a feeling I'll be losing them soon and I've had them for 3 yrs! I have to look out for my family. I feel really bad and sick to my stomach as I love those kids.
I guess I can see both sides....... I used to have that in my policy as well in regards to siblings but I have found out that often siblings don't always get what the other has. Sometimes it is very hard on the parent to care for the sick child and the well child at the same time.

As long as the well child has no symptoms, I would allow for them to come back