Thread: Sippy-Cups
View Single Post
nannyde 12:19 PM 07-09-2011
Originally Posted by Crystal:
ya know what? I apologize for my statement about "lazy" That was not fair, and not really what I mean. Sorry.
No harm done

See the thing with milk at my day care is it's pretty expensive and I do three meals and two snacks a day. It's not just loosing a six ounce glass it's making sure I have enough for the whole week. Organic milk can be a pain to get fresh and going thru more than a gallon a day .. I have to have five/six gallons when I get it.

The cost of going to GET the milk really adds up if we run out.

Then I have the clean up to pay for too.

So the single spoouted lids are my comprimise. They aren't suckky cups because they will drain out when upside down. The lid is a single lid with a half inch spout that's about a quarter of a centimeter in width.

They aren't the kind that defy gravity or have a nipple top. I don't like those.

The kids over two know how to drink out of open faced cups. They just get the sippy cup here. It's not about teaching them to do without it or having them suck a cup after age two... it's just about not loosing what is in it.

My deal is the eight bucks a gallon and the cost of going to get it. For other providers it's just the cost of the milk and keeping enough for their own kids and the dckids. It's the same thing.......