View Single Post
saved4always 05:49 PM 03-04-2012
Originally Posted by nannyde:
I don't think it's an incentive to keep kids home when they are sick. I've counselled many providers who have this built into their agreements and ended up with parents claiming the child was sick whenever they had free child care.

Your experience of the sickness rate decreasing since you started to charge some fees for it shows you that there is a good chance that they were using the "sick" exception when they really just had a free place to leave the kid.
My current parents are actually very honest with me and I absolutely love them and their kids so I don't think they would ever purposely try get out of paying me. I know that there are other parents out there who would use it to get out of paying though. It doesn't really matter for me now anyways since I am only providing care for another couple weeks in my home. Then I am going to be working in our new daycare at my church which I am very excited about. I applied for the job right after changing my policies so I guess I won't really know if they would have worked in my favor or not.