View Single Post
Unregistered 03:24 PM 03-09-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I too have had a licensed daycare... in the past. I was very careful not to annoy my neighbors, but that is not the rule of thumb with most. I am currently living next to a daycare and as I write this note I can hear all of her unruley loud rude children screaming in their pool!!! She as always is in her house or wherever! I live in a very nice neighborhood and I hate this daycare next door. I should be able to lay next to my pool and enjoy peace and quiet... but I can't!!! My summers are spent listening to her loud rude children while she stays in her air conditioned home or barely pays attention to the noise!!! So just be aware that your daycare can affect more than just you!!!
I have a residential daycare that recently opened two houses down the block from me here in Chicago and the noise from the screaming kids and their wheeled toys on the concrete driveway every afternoon is, to put it nicely, a real nuisance. The sound travels throughout my home even with the doors and windows closed. Is there no recourse available to our previous peace and quiet?