View Single Post
Yvonne 10:51 PM 03-03-2011
So be it.
If someone has random drug testing to drive a truck for the Dept of Transportation to ensure public safety ... and bus drivers who drive our school busses. But you disagree on random drug testing for child care workers ? Come on. Get real. It is the responsibility of parents to ensure the safety of their children. Plain and simple. Glad to ruffle some feathers here.
But ya know... as a point of reference. Only 10 people had an opinion - so far - and 10 people do not constitute any majority in my book. So please .. if you have an opinion, try to not personalize your opinions - we're not talking about YOU having a drink after work.... who here actually spoke about the symptoms of addiction? Loss of control, loss of focus and patience, lack of good/sound judgement, inability concentrate, etc. These are all vital in caring for children who frequently act impulsively, become unruly - testing any normal rational adult into check their reactions.

I don't care if you have a drink after dinner. This doesn't make you an alcoholic. But did you know it takes one hour per ounce of alcohol to be broken down by the liver So if you have a bottle of wine after work, it can take as long as 3 hours to be out of your system... go do the math. Or take meds prescribed by your doctor. Opiates (pain killers) show up on drug tests. Marijuana shows up on drug tests. If you have a valid prescription, fine. If you have a problem - and you know your company performs random drug testing, then guess what ??? you probably won't want to work there. Drug testing acts as a deterrent. Works for me.

Get a Nanny ? Get real. I want to be able to send my child to a place where I know Negligence due to Drug abuse can be ruled out. Not guaranteed, but ruled out as a potential hazard. Like putting plugs in light sockets that babies can reach. Good old, smart preventative measures.