View Single Post
Heidi 11:18 AM 04-12-2012
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
Off topic but:
I was actually told by a Stars Program inspector that the Dora and Diego sofas I had are "inappropriate because they depict Hispanics in a stereotyoical way" Really? The same inspector also told me my Cinderella video was inappropriate because it was "suggestive and frightening and implies child abuse. Hmmm. I watched it asa child and I turned out ok.
Yeah, I was warned yesterday that Barbies are frowned upon as well (not realistic). My dcg has 2 that she has in her nap basket, and one is a "teen" barbie.

My consultant also said she had to argue for one center that had toy soldiers. The raters didn't like them because they promote violence. Consultant pointed out that since about 80% of the dc parents were military people, the raters might want to keep that thought to themselves!

As for the fairy tales...arggg! I grew up on the real German versions of those stories. Birds pecking eyes out of the bad people, ladies cutting off their toes to fit in the tiny slippers...gosh, and I'm only SLIGHLTY demented!