View Single Post
Michael 10:20 AM 12-26-2007
The Division of Regulated Child Care is responsible for licensing and investigating complaints against child day care programs, residential child caring facilities and child-placing agencies. The division also is responsible for certifying and investigating complaints against certified family child care homes.

To apply for a license to operate a child day care facility, residential child caring facility, a child-placing agency or a certification for a certified child care home please contact the Division of Regulated Child Care at (502) 564-7962.

Child day care facilities can be licensed as either Type I facilities or Type II facilities. If care is provided in a dwelling for 13 or more children or in a non-dwelling for four or more children, the facility is a Type I. If care is provided in a dwelling (which is your home) for up to 12 children, the facility is considered a Type II. The fee for initial licensing for both Type I and Type II facilities is $50. The annual license renewal fee is $25.

The licensing fee for residential child caring and child-placing facilities is $100 for initial licensing and $50 for the annual renewal.
The certification fee for a certified family child care home is $10.

The regional offices of the Division of Regulated Child Care are responsible for conducting on-site visits of all licensed child care facilities and certified homes in the state to determine compliance with applicable licensing and certification regulations. Complaints concerning these facilities and certified homes are investigated by regional office staff.