View Single Post
nannyde 05:32 AM 11-12-2010
Originally Posted by Former Teacher:
I speak only for myself but as much as we all would like to live in your rose colored glasses world, we can't.

I read your policies nannyde. I also read the information you post on this forum (I am not on any other forum). In IMHO I don't really know how you stay in business. I am not talking about your rules, philosophies etc. I am talking about how these so called parents let YOU call the shots. Letting YOU make the decisions on how to raise THEIR child. IE feeding, what diapers and wipes to buy, etc. How can these parents let a complete stranger , regardless of how long you known them, rule over their parenting job. I also find disturbing is that these parents agree to not go to the area where their child plays and at least see and meet their child's friends! That is what is ridiculous. But I totally blame the parents for allowing it.

As for the child who allergy is severe. I totally respect the fact that you are taking precautions for this child's life. However what does this child do in the outside world? Does he become a bubble boy? This boy needs to have one on one care if his life is in danger by the whiff of perfume.

IMO your "policy" about this child is just another strict command to take complete charge over everything.
As for the child who allergy is severe. I totally respect the fact that you are taking precautions for this child's life. However what does this child do in the outside world? Does he become a bubble boy?

His caregiver carries rescue medication with him at all times.

This boy needs to have one on one care if his life is in danger by the whiff of perfume

Or they can pay me a awesome salary to manage a "no scent" day care. Well over three years and never an incident. He's been protected every day.

IMO your "policy" about this child is just another strict command to take complete charge over everything Yes that is correct.

In IMHO I don't really know how you stay in business. Seventeen years of in home child care and a total of 31 years caring for kids as a Nanny and a School Nurse. It's UNBELIEVABLE that I'm able to pull it off isn't it? After all these years I get to do what "I" think is right. I get to have policies that make "ME" happy. I get to set up my business with policies that net a stress free life here for me, my kid, my staff assistant, and the day care kids.

The parents go thru a intensive set of interviews over WEEKS before they get an opportunity to enroll here. They spend as little as 5 hours and some as many as eight in my home on a minimum of three different interviews that are done over weeks if not months. They have a lot of TIME to think about our policies. They are given a full list of names of current clients and any client that has accessed my services in the last five calander year. They have the TIME to call each one individually and spend TIME asking questions about life in the day care. They are interviewing people who REALLY know because they live this life with their child in my care. I have clients attending who I have worked for for over six years. One for nearly five. One for four. One for 3.5 years. (you can see this is the truth by looking at the age progression of the children in my photos). These kids are still HERE attending FULL TIME.

The hours upon hours of time I spend with each client before I consider enrolling them is spent going thru specifically my philosophy of care. I'm VERY clear that I am the one making the decisions. These are my decisions. Will these decisions work for you? If not, this is not a good match.

They have access to not one but two unnanounced State Inspections where I received 100 percent compliance both times. They are copied and given to them at the first interview. That's an amazing gift to them and the smart ones recognize how unique it is to find care where the provider meets five hundred plus points of compliance on any given day unnanounced TWICE.

I decide to decide. That's my decision. It's a very big decision for a new parent to allow someone esle to decide. This is why it takes WEEKS of interviewing and researching. If it doesn't work for them then this just isn't the right place for them and that's all cool.

Even with all that they are not offered a contract with me until they have been here at least three months but usually six to eight months. I want them to have a SIGNIFICANT amount of experience here with my day to day decisions before they commit. They can walk away at any time during this long probationary time without ANY financial obligation and no notice.

They aren't mindless automotons. They are leaders themselves so they know the importance of the person caring for their kid to be the leader. They respect the leader because that's what they do in THEIR jobs.

They are quite well versed at the house of Nan before they come. They trust me. That's why they start here and stay here year after year after year after year. The KNOW I'm doing great because every day their kid comes home in awesome condition.

The Mama knows Mama love when she sees it. On that you can rely.

No more on this now. You guys aren't going to accept it no matter what. It's so foreign to you and appears to be full of lies and deceit so we shall leave it at that.