View Single Post
daycarediva 10:43 AM 12-27-2016
Originally Posted by sunlight:
I have a question about increasing income in child care. I have been in business for 15 years now. For the first 5 years I did participate on the food program. It seemed in those years I never was able to get the full income each month. They always found "something" wrong. So I stopped the food program altogether. I am currently State Registered and am only an inspection away from becoming State Certified so I can pick up more kiddos. I know financially the food program will help income wise. But, is it really truly worth putting up with all the extra work involved? Also, what is the best way to raise your rates for current families?
My FP is all online. It's obvious if I miss a component. I am meticulous about doing it monthly, and then just checking the attendance, totaling it and emailing it in. I am on tier 2 and yes, I think it's still worth it. I get about $250-275/month

I would start with small increments. "To cover the increased cost of operating, effective X/X/X, the prices of child care will be raised to $X."

Even $1/day per child is a nice cost of living increase. For me, that would be $1560/year