View Single Post
MandyLou 04:22 PM 01-15-2014
I applied at a child care center today, and the woman who interviewed me loved me and wanted to have me come in to just watch for a little while to see if this was something I wanted to do. When she got to the requirements - medical exam, background check, etc - I let her know I have a misdemeanor that is over 3 years old, possession of a controlled substance III, IV or V. And she said she would call an agency and check to see if that was OK and call me tomorrow.

I just want to know tonight to soothe my jitters - do I have a chance? The director loved me, I got the interview from a good word of an old friend of mine who knows me and my character. Is it legal in Ohio to have a child care employee who has a misdemeanor? (I am currently working on getting it expunged, but it will show up on a background check right now I am sure.)

This was my first, last and only blemish on my record. I would appreciate any links or info - I've searched Google for a good part of an hour and can't find anything definitive.