View Single Post
Abigail 08:11 PM 10-10-2012
OK so our observation is done for now, but we are still trying to make a better schedule. I do let the 1 year old in on what we're doing just not the crafts. He can be in the room in a highchair with a wooden puzzle or plastic toy he can mouth while we do the craft, but everything in the main room for circle time he can do. I am practicing the "if you want to join us and participate you can, but you don't have too".....even if they're old enough to.

I originally for two weeks was practicing it in this order:
1. Calendar
2. Weather W/Weather Watcher song w/actions
3. Flashcards either ABCs or those Preschool sets
4. Book......so we add more reading to the kids time into our day
5. Music w/movement which really is a song like wheels on the bus or hokey-pokey, but also it could be small motor movement like the eensy weensy spider with just hand movements.

So those five in that order for official "preschool" time all taking about 15 minutes. We did have art as #6 and final, but it was just to much "go go go" and rush rush rush for us to do the art project then get the kids out of the craft area to clean and sanitize properly before snack so when should I do art with the kids?

Arrival
Breakfast
Free Play for 30 minutes give or take
Preschool
Morning Snack

Now my helper arrives and it's 10 am. We have from 10 am-noon to be flexible as lunch is at 12:00 then it's reading and nap until snack again then it's already 3:30/3:45 when we get ready to go outside again.

From 10-noon I want to add time for outside. Art/Craft/Sensory Time, and possibly music. We don't do official music like instruments but we honestly don't have much for music. I'm not sure what kind of category you would even consider this. Right now from 11:30-noon is "Group Time" which is a way to have the room cleaned up before lunch instead of having the kids snail along and asked over and over to clean or your food will be cold. It's a time for my helper to encourage quicker cleanup by offer a special or supervised activity that doesn't require the kitchen table like playing with magnetic blocks or potato heads. So when do I add extra things into our day?