View Single Post
Christian Mother 12:16 PM 05-10-2011
My daughter is 4 yrs old and has never in her life ever had separation anxiety..until she got left on the bus while being dropped off back from pre school. There was a mix up with another child who was not there that day and so instead of missing his stop they missed hers. They ended up taking her back to the bus depot bc she was so quiet and didn't hear her still on the bus. She was on the bus for nearly an hr before they delivered her straight back to me. She was sooo scared and even though the bus driver apologized and the school and teachers. It took nearly a month for her to want to get back up on that bus. Everyday she would cry and scream and I would have to have to walk her right up the steps. Everyday it got better and ever day I would call her teacher to prepare her for it. It got easier and easier every day. This even continued on with church classes also. She just wanted me near her always. But she is right back to where she was before this scare. My advise is to have a talk w/ your son and see if he can explain why he doesn't want to go. My daughter has a speech impairment so if I didn't already know what had happened as a explanation to her moods then it would of been diff. to understand why she was so scared and upset. I am sure you can understand your son so he should be able to talk to you about what is going on and then talk to your daycare provider.