View Single Post
Abigail 10:21 PM 02-02-2011
What do you think of this to start out my medication administration policy? Is it too much? Too wordy? Anything missing? Finally...does anyone have a permission form for administering medication or is that something I get locally as a requirement? Does anyone else require permission to use sunscreen, diapering products, and insect repellant? Obviously young infants will not use sunscreen and I'll write that specifically on that form.

Medication Administration
No child will be given any medication, prescription, or over the counter unless a parent/guardian gives written permission. Written permission must also be given before sunscreen, diapering products, and insect repellant will be used.

I will take children who are on prescribed medication when the doctor indicates that they are not longer contagious. Before I will dispense medication, I require a signed release from the doctor and a written request from you for each medical prescription. The medicine must be in its original container, labeled with the directions and the child’s name. You should ask the pharmacist to divide the prescription into two containers, each with full labels, one for my home and one for your home. Please try to give medication at home whenever possible.