Thread: Sick Kids
View Single Post
Christian Mother 10:49 AM 07-08-2011
For me I think the parents help keep me accountable...lol!! If one parent see's a child at pick up coughing or hacking they look at me with why did you let him in here...lol!! I don't like that so I try and stop it before it gets to that point. I am still working on my illness policy but since summer I haven't had any sick kids....I have a parent who is a teacher and I think that she gets sick and passes it to son and family and then everyone here gets sick. She has told me in the past that she can't keep missing work bc her sons sick...I said sorry but I can't risk everyone else here getting sick bc of her son. If he's contagious he's not coming...plan and simple. I was like you and didn't have much of a back bone but it was things like this when I started feeling taking advantage of and no concern from the parent that I started growing one. I would hate to loss them but I could loss all my families if I allowed a child who had a contagious virus into daycare. It just wasn't worth it.