View Single Post
kitkat 08:08 AM 12-16-2010
Here's a link to Red Leaf Press...that's where I bought Tom's book. I wouldn't have been able to do my taxes so well if it weren't for that book. It's easy to follow and understand. If you don't have it, get it. It explains so many different scenarios. Don't forget, it's a business expense!

http://www.redleafpress.org/showprod...fm?FullCat=493

As far as Tax Act goes, it's very simple. It'll ask you questions and you fill in the blanks. You do have to do some work, like know how many sq. feet you have, how many hours, etc, but it's very easy to use. I'm sure I don't get as many deductions/expenses by doing it myself, but I'm ok with that. I'm not good at keeping track of expenses like paper towels, toilet paper, etc. and going to a tax professional really wouldn't make me at keeping better track If you go to the irs website (irs.gov) and click on free file, it'll have a short quiz type thing that will tell you which online tax program you are eligible to use. You'll want to look for a program that is for self employed. I just checked the website and it doesn't look like it's updated for 2009 stuff yet. You can also buy software programs like Turbo Tax at places like Staples.