View Single Post
JenNJ 04:36 PM 07-14-2011
Originally Posted by DEBBIES DAYCARE:
I love my dad but he talks and talks...and talks... especially since his wife died... so I usually call him on the quick when he knows im busy, we chat a minute and lets me go. Last night I called him and let him babble ( 1 hour and 52 minutes!) the saaaaame stories I know by heart and asked him questions, even though I knew the answer and just let him talk and he was thrilled....he even called today to thank me for our nice chat last night. Patience with your parents goes a long way. We dont know how long we'll have them.
This sounds exactly like my dad (my mom is still here though). I have made an effort lately as well and have started bringing up topics that I know he loves in hopes of hearing NEW stories, lol.

I have an awesome dc mom that I love. She was job hunting for months and went on an interview so her kids were here for just 2 hours. I didn't charge her for that day. I know things can be when money is tight and I am fortunate to have free sitters for my kids when needed. I wanted to pass it on.