View Single Post
wdmmom 12:50 PM 02-24-2012
I have a DCB age 3. He started last October. I have 2 dogs. A golden retriever that is the friendliest dog ever and our new puppy that just joined us 2 weeks ago.

I had a couple of minor issues previously with my bigger dog and this DCB. Knowing that he's only been around dogs when he is at grandma's, I separated the dog from the kids and we discussed that you need to be nice to the animals.

Literally 10 minutes before he was suppose to be picked up, I changed his pants, got his coat on and he went up to my puppy and kicked him. The dog yelped and ran away limping!

I sat DCB down and asked why he would do that. Of course, I get the same usual response I always get, a whole lot of whining and "I want mommy".

DCD picks up. I told him that he is crying and sitting because he kicked the puppy. I specifically tell DCD that if this doesn't STOP, he can't come here anymore. I just spent $650 on this puppy. I don't want anyone kicking it. Especially this kid! DCD says, "Ok, thanks for telling me. C'mon (name). Time to go."

I am so sick of these parents treating their kid like he is an infant. Their answer to everything is a hug.

What would you do? I know emotions are running high right now. So do I just wait and see if they come back on Monday or do I call DCM later on and discuss this. I have a 1 week deposit on file and they paid today for next week. Even if they leave, I've been paid 2 weeks.